Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

autobot leadership

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

autobot leadership

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 am

i am wondering what the autobot leadership looks like.

what i do know is that it started with optimus prime, then rodimus prime and then optimus took back the matrix.
after that, i know that fort max lead the autobots in "the headmasters" following that, ginrai lead the autobot godmasters in "super god master force" after him came star saber in "victory" and dinally dai atlas in "zone"

i am wondering who came before these and who came after rite uup to lio convoy becomming the supreme commander.

also, where does thunder clash come in to the line and at what point did star convoy take leadership?

thanks
lioconvoy

Re: autobot leadership

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Here's what I can gather.

U.S. G1 Cartoon:
  • "Ancient Robot,"
  • "Powerful Robot"
  • "Brooding Robot"
  • "Pre-Transformer"
  • "New Narrator"
  • "U-Haul Robot"
  • Optimus Prime (formerly Orion Pax)
  • Ultra Magnus
  • Rodimus Prime
  • Optimus Prime
  • nothing is known after this until 300 years later

Japanese G1 Cartoons/manga:
  • "Ancient Robot,"
  • "Powerful Robot"
  • "Brooding Robot"
  • "Pre-Transformer"
  • "New Narrator"
  • "U-Haul Robot"
  • Optimus Prime (formerly Orion Pax)
  • Ultra Magnus
  • Rodimus Prime
  • Optimus Prime
  • Rodimus Prime
  • Fortress
  • Ginrai (though Metalhawk led his own team before passing the torch onto Ginrai)
  • Star Saber
  • Dai Atlas
  • Optimus Prime
    • Star Convoy
    • Nucleon Quest Convoy
    • Convoy (Action Master)
    • Convoy (G-2)
    • Battle Convoy
    • Convoy (original body again)
  • nothing is known after this until 300 years later

U.S. Beast Era cartoons:
  • Maximal Elders (Optimus Primal was merely a scientist/explorer and held no political or military rank of authority)

Japanese Beast Era cartoons/manga:
  • Optimus Primal
    • Convoy/Beast Convoy/Burning Convoy/Burning Beast Convoy
    • Convoy/Metals Convoy
    • Powered Convoy
    • Convoy (Beast Wars Returns)
    • Convoy (original body again)/Battle Convoy's body/Convoy (original body again)
  • tens of thousands of years later
    • Lio Convoy
    • Convoy Council
      • Great Convoy
    • Big Convoy

G1/G2 Marvel Comics:
  • Prima
  • Prime Nova
  • Sentinel Prime
  • Optimus Prime
  • Grimlock
  • Optimus Prime (Powermaster)
  • Grimlock
  • Optimus Prime
    • Hi-Q/Action Master body
    • G2 body
    • Combat Hero body

G1 Dreamwave Comics:
  • Alpha Prime
  • Guardian Prime
  • Sentinel Prime
  • Optimus Prime (formerly Optronix)

G1 IDW Comics:
  • unknown
  • unknown
  • Nova Prime
  • Sentinel Prime
  • Zeta Prime
  • Optimus Prime
  • Bumblebee

Thunderclash is the leader of a six-member (himself included) subgroup of Autobots called the Turbomasters.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 pm

ok thanks sabrblade.

witch part of g1 did the terbo masters exist in?
I would assume that it would be during or after the action masters but before g2

well as far as i can figure. the various cannons make things hard to piece together
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

are you just wanting leadership for the G1 universe? cuz i know the Unicron Trilogy leadership like the back of my hand.
Rodimus Prime (energon)
Optimus Prime(Armada)
Jetfire(armada)
Hot Shot(armada)
Optimus Prime(armada)
Optimus Prime + Galvatron(armada)
Final Battle Optimus Prime(armada)
Optimus Prime(energon)
Optimus Prime(Cybertron)
Jetfire(cybertron)
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

at the moment i'm just after leadership for g1/g2.

in the armardaverse rodimus and optimus both lead the autotots. rodimus just chose to leave the planet to escape the fighting.
before rodimus and optimus there were leaders though. after all, omega supreme and the four guardians of the super energon were before rod and op.
they would had a leader.
also, the furst would have been prima as primus as well as the original thirteen exist in all continuams simaltainiously.

to be honest i would not be shocked if there was a sentinal prime in the armadaverse.

i could be rong, but the maximal counsle are leaders rite?
so that would make magnaboss a leader before bwii and bwn
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 pm

i just remembered.
also in the armardaverse the four planet leaders.
scourge of jungle planet, override of speed planet, metroplex of gigantian and evac of earth.

they descended from the autobots that colonised the four worlds in the four ships that constitute the ark.

logic dictates that a autobot leader would have existed to send them off.
i would prosume prima as they left verry early in cybertron's history.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm

lioconvoy wrote:witch part of g1 did the terbo masters exist in?
I would assume that it would be during or after the action masters but before g2
They don't exist in the cartoon continuities. HOWEVER, the Japanese counterparts of four of the Turbomasters (the four cars and neither Thunder Clash nor Rotorstorm) were known as the Road Army Corps., and took part in the Operation Combination storyline, which followed the Return of Convoy story and preceded the Japanese G-2 fiction.

During this time, they fought alongside Guard City, Sixbuilder, Sixturbo, Sixwing, and Sixtrain against the Decepticons Battle Gaia and the Jet Army Corps. (the Japanese counterparts of four of the Predators--the Turbomasters' enemies--minus Skyquake and Stalker). During this time, Star Convoy was still in command, but he wasn't in the story, as he said to be off fighting against the new Decepticon leader Scrash.

lioconvoy wrote:i could be rong, but the maximal counsle are leaders rite?
so that would make magnaboss a leader before bwii and bwn
The Maximal Elders were said to be (one of) the ruling body/ies of Cybertron in the Beast Wars cartoon. They have never been seen onscreen.

The Magnaboss components make up what is known as the Maximal Imperium, a different set of rulers, who were established in the IDW Beast wars comics. Magnaboss in combined form was also seen as a member of the Maximal High Council, another ruling body, in the 3H Beast Wars comics. In my lists, I was only going by what the Beast Wars cartoons said and ignored the Beast Wars comics for that moment.

The Convoy Council is yet another ruling body and exists during the time of Beast Wars Neo. They are another triumvirate prominently headed by Great Convoy. After he was killed, Lio Convoy was appointed his position.

lioconvoy wrote:i just remembered.
also in the armardaverse the four planet leaders.
scourge of jungle planet, override of speed planet, metroplex of gigantian and evac of earth.

they descended from the autobots that colonised the four worlds in the four ships that constitute the ark.

logic dictates that a autobot leader would have existed to send them off.
i would prosume prima as they left verry early in cybertron's history.
The ones who first sent out the four ships were a quartet of familiar-looking bots known as the "Ancients":
Obviously not meant to be the same bots as those they resemble. The resemblance was likely done for fanwank. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 pm

wasnt that picture seen in Cybertron?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Wing Saber wrote:wasnt that picture seen in Cybertron?
Yep. Primus showed it to them.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 am

in japanese continuity, "car robots" was a continuation from g1/g2. so where does that place fire convoy in the previous list sabrblade?
i am assuming that it would place him after g2 giving us an approximation of leadership up untill the beast erah.

also in a previous poast you mentioned that optimus primal was a leader. i'm not sure if that's entirely corect going by japanese continuity.
convoy is a title and it is stated on the transformers wiki that all convoys have an energon matrix rather than a matrix of leadership. this signifies there rank and authority.

I cant say that i've seen the japanese dub of beast wars but wasn't primal still prosented as a ship captain rather than a grate leader?

I know that he is summoned thrue time by lio junier in "lio convoy is in imanant danger" and that he uses his matrix energy along with lio to create burning beast convoy and flash lio.
i also know that in the robot masters, he along with optimus prime combine there matrix energies for the matrix buster.

like i say i am not posotive about japan prosenting primal as a grate leader but i do know that all convoys have there energon matrixs.
also the optimus primal wiki doesn't mention that primal is a grate leader and only briefly mentions that lio junier summoned a hero from time to assist against demon zarac.

i am sure that the words used by the maximals in "lio convoy is in iminant danger" translate as hero from the past. but i may be rong about this. there are far too meny different ways the structure could be construed.
please corect me if i'm rong.
lioconvoy

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion