Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TF: Prime Beast Hunters Predaking dragon toy and video!!!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

TF: Prime Beast Hunters Predaking dragon toy and video!!!

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Well, it's official. The whole "Beast Hunters" ordeal is the next line of the Transformers: Prime franchise. Whether it's season 3 or 4 isn't quite yet known, but one thing's for sure, it's getting its own toyline! TFW2005 has the first images from New York Comic-Con of a Beast Hunters dragon figure. his name is Predaking, and he is of the Predacon faction, complete with an all new logo! He will be available in multiple pricepoints and there will be more Predacon toys than Star Seeker toys. There's also a video promo included below. Head through the GroundBridge for the pics.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: TF: Prime Beast Hunters Predaking dragon toy and video!!

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Hey! This webpage hates me... :lol:

So, so exciting. Originally, I was hoping this was going to be a toy-only-thing. Now, ooooooh...figure looks great! Want to see him animated, very much!

That chick's cute! :oops: :grin:
Love connection? :lol: Silly, I know. :smile:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Added a promo video.

As well as added more info about this guy's identity.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Sabrblade wrote:...there will be more Predacon toys than Star Seeker toys...

Well, duh! :lol: ;)
The bad dudes always outnumber the good guys! ALWAYS. It's true. I read it on the 'web.

Hrm...Predacons are created by the 'Cons to use as a weapon? Starseekers must share a similar origin, huh? Wow. I want to see 'em written into the show! I wonder if they're not sentient, then? Since they were created by the 'Formers?

In the other fiction, Predacons have always been written as the next step in 'Con evolution; right?
Why do they always use Predacons? RiD, BW/BM and so on...the good guys are Starseekers, this time! Cool title, but why is the Predacon name almost always present? I guess the Hasbro folks really liked the name? :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:

The bad dudes always outnumber the good guys! ALWAYS. It's true. I read it on the 'web.
Excuse me? How do "vindictive space pirates" = "good guys"?

CYLON (13) wrote:Hrm...Predacons are created by the 'Cons to use as a weapon? Starseekers must share a similar origin, huh?
No, they don't.

CYLON (13) wrote:In the other fiction, Predacons have always been written as the next step in 'Con evolution; right?
In RiD, The Decepticons were the subgroup of the dominant Predacon faction.

CYLON (13) wrote:Why do they always use Predacons? RiD, BW/BM and so on...this time it's Starseekers! Cool title, but why is the Predacon name present? I guess the Hasbro really liked the name? :lol:
Cuz the Star Seekers and the Predacons are two different factions.

Predacons:

Star Seekers:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Well I guess we now know why that dragon was the background for the promo image
Wing Saber

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:

Excuse me? How do "vindictive space pirates" = "good guys"?

Uh...VINDICTIVE! :lol:
Dude's have been wronged before...this time, it's personal! :P
Nah, I dunno. I didn't quite remember the Starseeker's description. Still though, the above statement seems to ring true.
Story-wise, it'd be more interesting than having another group of 'bots that would follow Optimus to the end. I'm assuming the Predacons are loyal to the Decepticon cause?

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:Hrm...Predacons are created by the 'Cons to use as a weapon? Starseekers must share a similar origin, huh?
No, they don't.

Don't own any of the aligned novels, going to have to TFWiki the info. Must have spoilers! *tummy rumbles* :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:In the other fiction, Predacons have always been written as the next step in 'Con evolution; right?
In RiD, The Decepticons were the subgroup of the dominant Predacon faction.

Oh, yeah! I forgot! I have to complete that series, just reminded me. Thanks.

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:Why do they always use Predacons? RiD, BW/BM and so on...this time it's Starseekers! Cool title, but why is the Predacon name present? I guess the Hasbro really liked the name? :lol:
Cuz the Star Seekers and the Predacons are two different factions.

No, yeah, I knew that. I meant the bad dudes get the title of Predacons quite often in TF-lore, while the good guys (or main protagonist) have either always been 'Bots or Maximals. Hasbro seems to like the name of Pradacons, I'm curious as to why? Were the bad dudes named that by someone that holds Hasbro's creative respect?
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Story-wise, it'd be more interesting than having another group of 'bots that would follow Optimus to the end. I'm assuming the Predacons are loyal to the Decepticon cause?
Yep. We got three evil factions with the Preds working with the Cons, and the Star Seekrs trying to kill everyone. :twisted:

CYLON (13) wrote:No, yeah, I knew that. I meant the bad dudes get the title of Predacons quite often in TF-lore, while the good guys (or main protagonist) have either always been 'Bots or Maximals. Hasbro seems to like the name of Pradacons, I'm curious as to why? Were the bad dudes named that by someone that holds Hasbro's creative respect?
The name came from the G1 Predacons who turned into predatory animals. Then Beast Wars popularized the name with it being the main faction of that series. Since then, it's stuck around as an iconic evil faction/subfaction name.

Plus, they gotta keep reusing names to keep legal ownership of the name. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Added a better version of the video

Wing Saber wrote:Well I guess we now know why that dragon was the background for the promo image
Yeah, but 'twas still weird they used a pic from DnD. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 pm

No, what's weirding me out is that YOU recognized the image so quickly of an image that's...how old, again. I'm assuming at least 8 years? That's gotta be borderline photographic memory...cool. :D
CYLON (13)

Next

Return to Transformers News