Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Is there a new Generations G1 Optimus Prime in the works?

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Is there a new Generations G1 Optimus Prime in the works?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Something of great intrigue has turned up over at Australian website Ozformers. As we know, the Generations line has lately been promoting the Fall of Cybertron video by releasing action figures of its character designs. But, like the 2010 version of the line with its War for Cybertron toys, the game toys will not last as interest in the games dies down over time. What is there left for the Generations line to cover afterward? Well, Ozformers user griffin has discovered a very possible answer for this.

Within the pages of the latest issue of Toy Hobby Retailer, in a "Hasbro montage" section promoting Hasbro's 90th anniversary this year, a piece of artwork for an unfamiliar G1-like Optimus Prime design set behind the Generations logo was discovered. This Optimus seems to resemble his 2009-Present IDW G1 comics design, and is armed with what looks like a gun with a blue truck cab and windshield on it. Could this be a design for a new Generations toy? And if so, could this be a sign of things to come? Through the space bridge for the image.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Is there a new Generations G1 Optimus Prime in the works

Postby Searchlight » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 am

Yeah, this is what I've been wanting from Generations. More classics robots from G1 and G2, with new molds to update old favorites, and a new interpretation of G1 prime is just what I've been wanting lately.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFD01r6ersw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Searchlight

Postby starsaver » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:12 am

personally, i don't think they could do any better than the classics voyager optimus prime mold from a few years ago. i'll keep an open mind, but for me it's classics with the G3 trailer for me all the way
starsaver

Postby StevesCustoms » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 am

I'll wait to see what Toy Fair shows. I like the concept.
StevesCustoms

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 am

I hope they make a cool one if it is true. I would be open to any size deluxe or above up to leader.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Transformers News