Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Stock photos of the unreleased Generations GDO Voyager Brawn

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Stock photos of the unreleased Generations GDO Voyager Brawn

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 am

Recall how there was a Voyager Brawn figure originally solicited with the Hasbro Asia Generations GDO figures? Well, for whatever reason (possibly to do with the 2012 rerelease of Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead), the figure was never released in any market. As such, 78dm.net has posted official stock photography of the figure, both in (Hasbro U.S.) packaging and in its two modes, along with stock photos of other toys released at the time like GDO Voyager Hot Spot and Prime First Edition Starscream. What will become of this figure, if it will ever see the light of day, is ultimately unknown, but the pics have been mirrored beyond the space bridge.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Stock photos of the unreleased Generations GDO Voyager B

Postby Searchlight » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok, the Brawn head is the most ridiculously misplaced retool since E-Hobby Overlord, but with a new head, that would make one kick-awesome roadbuster.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFD01r6ersw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Searchlight

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Searchlight wrote:Ok, the Brawn head is the most ridiculously misplaced retool since E-Hobby Overlord, but with a new head, that would make one kick-awesome roadbuster.
There was an e-HOBBY Overlord? :|

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Searchlight » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Searchlight wrote:Ok, the Brawn head is the most ridiculously misplaced retool since E-Hobby Overlord, but with a new head, that would make one kick-awesome roadbuster.
There was an e-HOBBY Overlord? :|
The botcon 2012 exclusive. Also called Gigatron, I think. To be honest, I don't know who's responsible for it. When I claim it's hasbro, people tell me e-hobby was behind it. If I say e-hobby, people tell me it was hasbro. It certainly looks like an e-hobby retool. Either way, it was ugly as sin.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFD01r6ersw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Searchlight

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Searchlight wrote:The botcon 2012 exclusive. Also called Gigatron, I think. To be honest, I don't know who's responsible for it. When I claim it's hasbro, people tell me e-hobby was behind it. If I say e-hobby, people tell me it was hasbro.
It was neither. Fun Pub/TCC under Hasbro's license made it.

Who are these people saying it was e-HOBBY? Sure, e-HOBBY got to sell it on their site, but they didn't make it. Fun Pub/TCC did, just like they do for all BotCon toys since 2005.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Searchlight » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Searchlight wrote:The botcon 2012 exclusive. Also called Gigatron, I think. To be honest, I don't know who's responsible for it. When I claim it's hasbro, people tell me e-hobby was behind it. If I say e-hobby, people tell me it was hasbro.
It was neither. Fun Pub/TCC under Hasbro's license made it.

Who are these people saying it was e-HOBBY? Sure, e-HOBBY got to sell it on their site, but they didn't make it. Fun Pub/TCC did, just like they do for all BotCon toys since 2005.
Just random fans who apparently know even less about it than I do. I don't really care who's behind it. All that matters was that it was a really terrible, lazy retool.
Searchlight

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm

I wouldn't say it was terrible (the mold itself is great) just odd (seeing as it was an homage to gigas the brain master and overlords tank mode)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

ironrod prime wrote:I wouldn't say it was terrible (the mold itself is great) just odd (seeing as it was an homage to gigas the brain master and overlords tank mode)
Giga was a Godmaster.

The big thing about that figure was that it was a mostly Greek art inspired head on a Japanese inspired body, which is about as jarring as seeing a pirate's head on a knight's body. ;)

As for Brawn, I think he looks pretty good... from the chin up. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

The mold is just too bulky (no pun intended) for brawn
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

ironrod prime wrote:The mold is just too bulky (no pun intended) for brawn
Exactly. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers News