Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

First look at the Japanese AOE toyline: "Movie Advanced"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

First look at the Japanese AOE toyline: "Movie Advanced"

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Remember when we saw this solicitation that started a rumor that claimed TakaraTomy's Japanese version of the Age of Extinction toyline would be drastically different from Hasbro's? If not, go take a good look at it, for it has seemingly turned out to be true!

The Agabyss Twitter has posted several bits of information and images of toys to be sold in the Japanese Age of Extinction toyline, many of which are redecos of older figures in decos that are not slated to be released by Hasbro. This could be Takara's attempt to bulk up the line for the Japanese market, in addition to redecoing some the AOE-original molds. Note that the few AOE-original molds seen here are merely depicted with recycled Hasbro art instead of the final Takara deco'd versions, but the older mold redecos appear to be genuine.

The line also seems to be titled "Movie Advanced" instead of "Age of Extinction" or "Lost Age" (the film's Japanese title). To see all the figures in the lineup thus far, head through the space bridge.

AD01 Optimus Prime - movie-accurate redeco of the Movie Generations Leader class toy
*no pics*

AD02 Classic Optimus Prime - some sort of redeco of Movie Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime
*no pics*

AD03 Grimlock - some sort of redeco of the Movie Generations Voyager
*no pics*

AD04 Classic Bumblebee - movie-accurate redeco of Movie Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee
*placeholder Hasbro pics*

AD05 Dinobot Scorn - some sort of redeco of the Movie Generations Deluxe
*no pics*

AD06 Crosshairs - some sort of redeco of the Movie Generations Deluxe
*placeholder Hasbro pics*

AD07 Slug - some sort of redeco of the Movie Generations Deluxe
*no pics*

AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee - metallic redeco of the 2010 Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee

AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime - "Foundation" comic-accurate redeco of the 2007 Deluxe Protoform Optimus Prime

AD10 Starscream - 2007 movie-accurate redeco of DOTM Deluxe Starscream, and given silver versions of the axes that originally belonged to the 2014 simplified TF: Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Smokescreen (the upscaled-to-Deluxe Cyberverse Legion toy)

AD11 Dispensor - redeco of the 2007 Movie Deluxe Payload figure and remolded with a new head and weapon. Notice the Mood Whiplash logos referencing IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye issue #13 comic

AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime - redeco of the 2010 Voyager Battle Blades Optimus Prime

AD13 Devastator - movie-accurate redeco of the ROTF Legends class Constructicon Devastator

AD14 Jolt - ROTF-accurate redeco of DOTM Deluxe Jolt with whip weapons

AD15 Ratchet - G1-based redeco of DOTM Deluxe Ratchet, and given the sword that originally belonged to the 2014 simplified version of TF: Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Bumblebee (the upscaled-to-Deluxe Cyberverse Legion toy)

AD16 Dino - redeco of ROTF Deluxe Sideways, and remolded with a new head and wrist swords

AD17 Darkside Soundwave - a seemingly unchanged release of the unreleased DOTM "Movie Trilogy Series" Deluxe Soundwave

AD18 ??? - listed as a "popular Decepticon"
*no pics*

AD19 ??? - listed as a Deluxe class Autobot
*no pics*

AD01 through AD15 are slated for release on May 17, 2014, and AD16 through AD19 on June 21, 2014.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: First look at the Japanese AOE toyline: "Movie Advanced"

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:09 am

Y'know this might be the year i pick up some of the Japanese stuff
ironrod prime

Postby perceptor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 am

Wow, this is really awesome! In the absence of higher end "Human Alliance" calibre toys, I might start going after these beauties.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:53 pm

I want that Dino. Dispensor looks cool and is a surprise. Bumblebee, Starscream and Optimus don't look half-bad either
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Well it's not the mountain dew bot it's close enough
ironrod prime

Return to Transformers News