Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

First official colored stock images of MP-22 Ultra Magnus

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

First official colored stock images of MP-22 Ultra Magnus

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am

With Tokyo Toy Show 2014 underway, a LOT of new Transformers products from TakaraTomy have been seen on display. One such figure is the highly anticipated Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Though we'll get to covering the Tokyo Toy Show in due time, e-HOBBY has posted the first official TakaraTomy stock images of the figure in both of its modes.

Two things that might stand out about this figure are its red robot mode lower legs and its red vehicle mode bumper. For the former, that's to help the look of the car carrier in vehicle mode due to where those leg piece end up being. As for the latter, the bumper is red because, well, because that's how it was in the cartoon. Show-accuracy! Through the space bridge for the pics.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: First official colored stock images of MP-22 Ultra Magnu

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:42 am

Xept for the red bumper i like it.
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:51 am

ironrod prime wrote:Xept for the red bumper i like it.

That too is the only thing i see displeasing about it
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:05 pm

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:53 pm

darn you blade :evil:
ironrod prime

Postby Black Starscream » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:55 pm

So essentially Takara's putting in all the stuff we really didn't NEED to be show acuurate (stull hating that upside down crotch)
Black Starscream

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 am

Black Starscream wrote:So essentially Takara's putting in all the stuff we really didn't NEED to be show acuurate (stull hating that upside down crotch)
Why should they settle for anything less than the most show-accurate representation of the character that they can possibly make?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Black Starscream » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

They did that for Prime seeing as his crotch is innacurate and the grille on MP01 was more accurate. Making the figure look worse for show accuracy isn't quite ultimate representation either.
Black Starscream

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Cartoon

Mp 01

Mp 10

Honestly niether one got the crotch quite right but mp 10 does seem to have the better grill
ironrod prime

Postby Black Starscream » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 am

MP10 sort of got the angle right but MP01 has the flatness right and the wait it pushes farther into the abdomen is also more accurate wheras the MP10 just has the doors slightly ahead of the grille (MP10 has the more accurate alt mode grille though so I'll give you that one :P)
Black Starscream

Next

Return to Transformers News