Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Promotional images of Hasbro Masterpieces Sunstorm and Prowl

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Promotional images of Hasbro Masterpieces Sunstorm and Prowl

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:46 am

Transformers Columbia has posted more official product images for upcoming Transformers merchandise. This time they are promotional images for Hasbro's Masterpiece releases of Sunstorm and Prowl. While Sunstorm is a redeco of the MP-11 Starscream mold (in a deco never before used on any existing Sunstorm design), Prowl is more or less a faithful, unaltered release of his TakaraTomy counterpart, showing no discernible differences from the original MP-17 version. Through the space bridge for the pics.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Promotional images of Hasbro Masterpieces Sunstorm and P

Postby Lynaxx Pax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:59 am

Sunstorm's plane mode looks pretty sick, but the robot, eh?
Lynaxx Pax

Postby BumblebeeDOTM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Prowl looks great, and Sunstorm doesn't look nearly as bad as I initially thought. If I ever got enough money, I'd certainly pick them up! :D
BumblebeeDOTM

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Sunstorm still looks bad. Those flames are so tacky they make the ones of AOE Optimus look subtle.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Black Starscream » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 pm

I could forgive everything about Sunstorm if they A. Didn't mess up the legs and make them white with yellow feet (pointless inversion) and B. didn't make the crotch red or at least had the white stripe on the torse be red to match it. I'll still get it but Hasbro, who normally does the MP Seekers well really dropped it this time.
On the other hand Prowl looks totally perfect.
Black Starscream

Return to Transformers News