Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers Producer Jeff Kline Interview, Part 1

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Transformers Producer Jeff Kline Interview, Part 1

Postby perceptor » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:47 pm

Unless you looked away from the of credits of almost every Transformers cartoon over the last few years, then the name "Jeff Kline" should sound familiar to you! He's served as the Executive Producer of every season of Transformers Prime, the series finale movie "Predacons Rising," Rescue Bots (Season 1), and the forthcoming Robots in Disguise!

The 2015 Transformers Section of Unicron.com has been updated with PART 1 of our EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with the man who's had quite an influence Transformers fiction in recent years. Here in part 1 we discuss his involvement in past projects like Transformers Prime and touch on RID. Here, Jeff confirms:

Robots in Disguise season 1 will consist of 26 episodes. Writing, recording and story boarding for Season 2 has already begun!.

Next, in part 2, we'll talk much more about what's to come, to be published later this week. Stay tuned!

JUST. LIKE. ME. :)
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Transformers Producer Jeff Kline Interview, Part 1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:17 am

Kline: WE DECIDED VERY EARLY ON THAT WE ALL WANTED TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE AUDIENCE THAT THIS TRANSFORMERS SERIES (PRIME) WAS GOING TO HAVE REAL STAKES… REAL CONSEQUENCES… AND THAT NO ONE WAS SAFE.
And yet, they only proved that true for Vehicons, Insecticons, minor Decepticons, and just three major Decepticons (one of whom even got his death undone). Anytime an Autobot who wasn't Cliffjumper wrestled with death, they got better. Meh. :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 pm

I'm wondering if with RID they went to the simpler animation style to save time on the renders or something. It looks like a simplified version of the rendering used in a Unicron trilogy show. I'm not hating it and actually kind of like the animations that have been coming out of it, and I know how long some of the photoreal renders from Prime can take. Guessing Kline wouldn't be the guy to ask about that anyway though since he isn't the FX guy :P

Also wondering if maybe in season 2 Megatron or Galvatron show up with some more of the cons we are classically used to or if it will stay in form where the beast cons are the only guys on the bad side.

For a bit in one of the preview clips on youtube I thought maybe Optimus was going to be showing up like ObiWan in ghostform in Star Wars ep 5 and 6 with his image showing up over the lake with Bee thinking... then it went straight to physical form of OP tellling Bee he was ready to lead :( so still curious about the continuity between Prime and RID...

Maybe RID has something more to do with the deadlock thing in Prime towards the end of season 3 where we are shown multiple Cybertrons and the bots of TF: Prime only know about one of them, aside from possibly Shockwave and Soundwave who appear to be trapped in an alternate dimension.

Enough banter though, can't wait for the second part with more RID stuff!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:58 pm

cyberwuss wrote:For a bit in one of the preview clips on youtube I thought maybe Optimus was going to be showing up like ObiWan in ghostform in Star Wars ep 5 and 6 with his image showing up over the lake with Bee thinking... then it went straight to physical form of OP tellling Bee he was ready to lead :( so still curious about the continuity between Prime and RID...
Since the show's already been airing in Chinese, reports from viewers who watched the episodes early reveal that Optimus is still deceased. The scene in which he assists Bumblebee's team against Underbite and gives them their instructions is a temporary occurrence of Optimus manifesting into the physical world, sort of like the opposite of astral projection. Once he's completed giving Bumblebee's team their instructions, his brief time in the world of the living ends, returning him back to the afterlife.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 am

For what it's worth, please note that these questions were submitted quite a few months ago. - Before the name of the new series "Robots in Disguise" had been announced or unveiled, and I just got the responses back a week or two ago. Though not the newest of info, I found it all an interesting read. Hope you all did too!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News