Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 4: "More Than Meets the Eye"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 4: "More Than Meets the Eye"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 am

The fourth episode of the new 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. In this one, titled "More Than Meets the Eye", we get some focus on two of the Autobots' younger allies: Russell and Fixit. Being new to the area (having come to live with his dad back in episode 1), Russell has yet to make any human friends, and is encouraged by the others to try and befriend the local neighborhood kids. Meanwhile, Fixit gets his moment in the battlefield when a new mission to stop the latest Decepticon convict requires his technical expertise, but he finds himself in for much more than he was expecting. Can both Russell and Fixit overcome their personal issues to help them each get through their tough situations? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 4: "More Than Meets the

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 am

My notes:
Episode 4 -

Hiya, Bisk!

As seen in the old promo video, Bumblebee refers to Megatron, Starscream, and Dark Energon.

Bumblebee has a new mouthplate that's different from the one that he wore in Prime and Rescue Bots. It resembles a typical Optimus Prime-type mouthplate, but also kinda like G2 Bumblebee's to faceplate.

Two of the kids that Russell meets are named Hank (HER real name is Henrietta) and Butch. The others' aren't named.

Grimlock calls the cannonball dive his nailed Bisk with the Dino Demolisher.

Hank refers to Bumblebee's altmode as a Griffin Motors 1995 Windblazer. That "Griffin" part sure has me intrigued. ;)

Last episode, Bumblebee tried to make his own version of "Roll out" with "Roll up and roll out!" This time, it's "Let's roll and recapture!" Both times met with the same lukewarm reaction from his teammates.

Grimlock's dino mode makes him too conspicuous for the stealth mission, so he has to stay back while the others move ahead in vehicle mode.

Chop Shop has an Australian accent. I think.

Grimlock just referenced the Kool Aid Man by bursting through a wall yelling "OH YEAAAH!!!"

Fixit identifies Chop Shop as a Combiner and makes a reference to Alpha Trion's beard.

Chop Shop's recent heists have been to steal materials needed for him to build a spaceship.

Grimlock confirms that Fixit doesn't have a vehicle mode.

Chop Shop refers to his right arm component as "Righty"

Since Strongarm was holding "Righty" down, Chop Shop grabbed Fixit and forced him to combine into Chop Shop's right arm.

Strongarm spoke a new TF interjection: "Oh, scrud."

Chop Shop actually tries to rationally justify his actions by pointing out that the Autobots don't want the Decepticons on Earth and the Decepticons (or at least Chop Shop) don't want to be on Earth.

While the others fight Chop Shop, Denny distracts Righty.

Fixit (in his resisting Chop Shop's control): "Why're you hitting yourself?! Why're you hitting yourself?!" LOL

Chop Shop got frozen by the liquid oxygen, while Righty scurried off to safety.

Russell finally plays a successful game of football... sort of.

Will Friedle -- Butch
Khary Payton -- Bisk
Mitchell Whitfield -- Groundskeeper
Baily Gambertoglio -- Hank
Chop Shop -- David Hunt

After three episodes of introducing and establishing the plot, characters, concepts, and status quo, we get our first character-driven episode for the kid-appeal cast of Russell and Fixit. And, for the most part, it's handled fairly well. Russell's interactions with Hank and Butch feel real enough for one such as Russell who has been fairly introverted up to this point, what with him uncertain of how to get along with others his own age and unfamiliar with how to play football. Though, I kinda got the feeling that Hank might have been a bit into Russell with her not giving up on him and calling him "Rusty" so casually, but she felt decent overall. For Fixit's story, it's as though the writers watched every time Cheetor got himself into trouble in Beast Wars and decided to do the exact opposite with Fixit. Most of these kinds of stories would have had Fixit forbidden to go into the field and him deciding to do so anyway in spite of his orders. But here, Fixit's wanting to go into the field doesn't go further than simply wanting, and he specifies that he'd only want non-confrontational action if he were to get his chance. And when he does go into battle, it is because Bumblebee asked him to come since they needed his technical expertise. And when he wound up getting into trouble, it was not of his own doing, but simply done by Chop Shop seizing an opportunity that none of the Autobots saw coming. And in the end, it was Fixit who saved himself instead of having to be saved by another. And Chop Shop is another fun Con with a rational head on his shoulders that he uses to give reasonable meaning to his illegal actions. Overall, though this episode wasn't trying to be anything special, it carried itself very nicely.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News