Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TF: Prime - behind the scenes Q&A and Frank Welker Interview

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

TF: Prime - behind the scenes Q&A and Frank Welker Interview

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 am

Two more pieces of news regarding the Transformers: Prime TV series have appeared online. First, a premiere report on the show from Toonzone has the staff members taking the time to give us some answers about the show, including (but not limited to) Cliffjumper's fate, Orci's experiences of working on both the show and movies, the "female appeal" of the show, the backstory put into the series, and more!

Second, a new interview with Frank Welker on MTV goes into detail about his role as Megatron, his history in voice work, and his other non-Transformers roles he's currently doing. Note that this article erroneously refers to be being the voice of Megatron in the movies, when that really Hugo Weaving's role.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: TF: Prime - behind the scenes Q&A and Frank Welker Inter

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Interesting
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm

From what I got of the Q&A:
  • There is a reason why Bumblebee cannot speak and season 2 will reveal it.
  • Characters who die stay dead. So, Cliffjumper is definitely dead. But he may be able to appear in flashbacks.
  • The animation studio really likes Miko.
  • Soundwave's Deployer is an homage to Laserbeak, but is not stated to be Laserbeak (Which is good, considering that this is Laserbeak)
  • A hardcore female Decepticon is coming. Hmmmm...
  • Optimus still believes that there is good inside Megatron. ;)

This could prove to be a most interesting (and entertaining) series.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:[*]Soundwave's Deployer is an homage to Laserbeak, but is not stated to be Laserbeak (Which is good, considering that this is Laserbeak)

But that doesnt mean that it's not laserbeak. It could be.
Sabrblade wrote:[*]A hardcore female Decepticon is coming. Hmmmm...

Possible Slipstream or Blackarachnia? (I know I didnt spell that right, you don't need to point it out)
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:[*]Soundwave's Deployer is an homage to Laserbeak, but is not stated to be Laserbeak (Which is good, considering that this is Laserbeak)

But that doesnt mean that it's not laserbeak. It could be.
It seemed more like a drone than a sentient individual. Besides, that design does not do Laserbeak proper justice.

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:[*]A hardcore female Decepticon is coming. Hmmmm...

Possible Slipstream or Blackarachnia? (I know I didnt spell that right, you don't need to point it out)
Or Strika. Or any of these. (But you did spell it right. :smile: )

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Sabrblade wrote:that design does not do Laserbeak proper justice.

True
Sabrblade wrote:Or Strika. Or any of these.

I chose Slipstream because of her being in WFC, and Blackarachnia because she seems to be the most famous/popular female decepticon. and that list is where I got Slipstream's name from! (I couldnt remember what her name was)
Sabrblade wrote:(But you did spell it right. :smile: )

I did? Really? Wow I was just guessing and sounding it out on that one! :lol:
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:59 pm

i don't think laserbeek is done justis if the deployer is in fact him.
good inside megatron is nothing new. optimus always tries to see the good in him in nearly every iteration that i can think of save rid.
bb does have a reason he can't speak. the bumblebee at tigerpacks story explains how in prime continuity.

hard core decepticon hmm personally i think it is most likely slipstream as she featured in wfc and would have played a mor prominant role in animated if it had continued or strika because of her prominance in tf fan memories.
black arachnia on the other hand would be interesting. i don't think she would work from the series asthetics point of view but i would like to see how they could intigrate her.

all in all tfp looks to be a good series and i cant wait untill friday for it or atleast untill someone poasts it on youtube
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:14 pm

I wonder if Soundwave has a reason he Can't and/or Doesn't speak?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 pm

lioconvoy wrote:good inside megatron is nothing new. optimus always tries to see the good in him in nearly every iteration that i can think of save rid.
Not really. While he has often tried to negotiate with Megatron, more often then none Optimus is trying to permanently defeat Megatron, whether through killing him or capturing him or whatnot.

lioconvoy wrote:bb does have a reason he can't speak. the bumblebee at tigerpacks story explains how in prime continuity.
Except that, since that story was not published under Hasbro or Del Rey, it's not official canon. Though, Exodus itself talks about this same event, just to a lesser extent without as much detail. So, what's covered of BB's voice damage in the book is canon, but not technically what's covered in Bumblebee at Tyger Pax.

I think what they mean is that Bumblebee has a reason that his voice has not been fully restored yet all this time.

lioconvoy wrote:hard core decepticon hmm personally i think it is most likely slipstream as she featured in wfc and would have played a mor prominant role in animated if it had continued or strika because of her prominance in tf fan memories.
black arachnia on the other hand would be interesting. i don't think she would work from the series asthetics point of view but i would like to see how they could intigrate her.
It could also be a new character entirely.

Wing Saber wrote:I wonder if Soundwave has a reason he Can't and/or Doesn't speak?
Actually, he does. Like how we had our recent Hasbro Q&A, so did many other Transformers websites. TFW2005 asked about both BB and Soundwave's lack of speaking and here's what they had to say about Soundwave:
Hasbro wrote:As for Soundwave, we felt that if he were the “surveillance” ‘Con, it wouldn’t be necessary for him to speak – only to play back what he’s heard or learned. Similarly, he’s faceless in that regard (i.e., except for what he plays back). We think it gives him a unique and sinister presence, somewhat ninja-like – he watches, and listens. We feel that contrasts well with Starscream – the Decepticon who won’t shut up. If you listen closely, the “harmonic” element to Soundwave’s G1 voice is in the mix whenever he plays back – it was our nod to the original. By the way, we’re not necessarily saying Soundwave CAN’T talk – just that he chooses not to. Yet.
So, he's silent because he wants to be... for now. 8-)

If you're curious about other past Hasbro Q&A's send me a PM. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 am

hmm a reason his voice wasn't restored interesting.

well his vocaliser was torn out so perhaps too much damage or perhaps something else.
lioconvoy

Next

Return to Transformers News